With a sold-out crowd expected for Texas’ largest illuminated parade, attendees are encouraged to purchase reserved “Street Seats,” on sale now
At 6 p.m. on Sunday, November 20, the GM Financial Parade of Lights will take over the streets of Downtown Fort Worth for the 40th year, with more than 100 illuminated floats, an array of festive performers, holiday decor, live music, and hundreds of thousands of sparkling lights. With a sold-out crowd expected for this milestone year of Texas’ largest holiday parade, attendees are encouraged to purchase reserved “Street Seats,” which start at $18 and are available for sale online here: https://fortworthparadeoflights.org/parade-information/street-seats/.
For the last four decades, North Texas-based nonprofit organizations, private and public businesses, schools, art and cultural groups, and more have dazzled crowds with their professionally designed floats, sparkling vintage cars, festive horse-drawn carriages, spirited marching bands, and carolers as they prance through the 1.59-mile parade route. Carrying on the tradition, this year’s parade will conclude with a special appearance from Santa and Mrs. Claus on their awe-inspiring finale float.
“Downtown Fort Worth Initiatives, Inc. (DFWII) first presented the Parade of Lights in 1983 to a crowd of only 25,000 people as a way to bring the holiday spirit to the community while helping to shift perceptions of the Central Business District,” said Gloria Starling, chair of DFWII’s Festivals and Events Committee. “40 years later, the once-small attraction has quadrupled in size to become Texas’ largest illuminated holiday parade, yet the mission remains the same. We are thrilled to transform Downtown once again into a magical winter wonderland. We’ll bring the lights, you bring the cameras, and together, we’ll all be amazed by this year’s “Lights, Camera… Christmas”-themed parade.”
There are many opportunities to participate in the 2022 GM Financial Parade of Lights, including:
- Reserve “Street Seats”: While the parade is free and open-to-the-public, attendees can get the most illuminating experience by purchasing reserved tickets, or “Street Seats,” in advance. Tickets start at $18 and are available for purchase now. Visit https://fortworthparadeoflights.org/parade-information/street-seats/ to view all reserved seating options and discounted packaged ticket prices.
- Enter a Float: Applications are open until Friday, October 7, for those interested in entering a float in the 2022 parade. Entry forms and rates can be found at https://fortworthparadeoflights.org/participate/.
- Volunteer: Hundreds of volunteers are what make the parade a success year-after-year, with opportunities available in hospitality, merchandise sales, stand and seating attendants, staging areas, entry check-in, and more. Volunteers can sign up online here: https://fortworthparadeoflights.org/participate/volunteer/.
- Become a Sponsor: As a 501c (3) non-profit organization, Downtown Fort Worth Initiatives, Inc. seeks the support of corporate sponsors and partners to help maintain the free and high-quality production of the parade for the Fort Worth community. Sponsorship opportunities, levels and benefits can be found online, here: https://fortworthparadeoflights.org/sponsors/.
The official hashtag for the 2022 GM Financial Parade of Lights is #ParadeOfLights2022. For the latest updates on the 40th annual GM Financial Parade of Lights, visit the Parade of Lights:
- Online: www.FortWorthParadeOfLights.org
- On Facebook: www.Facebook.com/ParadeofLightsFW
- On Instagram: www.instagram.com/paradeoflightsfw/
2022 parade sponsors include title sponsor GM Financial, signature sponsors Tarrant County College, Karen and Larry Anfin, Dr. Marie A. Holliday, and media sponsors 95.9 The Ranch, and 92.1 Hank FM. For more information, visit www.FortWorthParadeofLights.org.